Middleton is my home town - I live here and I love it. I grew up surfing at Middleton beach, I still surf here and plan on being here for many years to come.
Middleton is on the Fleurieu Peninsula - it is around 1.5 hours South of Adelaide and a small, picturesque town that is mostly made up of holiday homes. My philosophy, why wouldn't I want to live where everyone likes to holiday!
- Encounter Bikeway - Middleton has a great bike track leading to either Port Elliot, Victor Harbor or Goolwa. Middleton is right in the middle and it is around 14km either way. The bike track follows the coast and is on a mixture of roads and purpose built trail. It is easy for all abilities and very safe. Biking is a great way to spend your day.
- Surfing - Well no secrets here - this is why our business is here, this is why I live here. Middleton boasts waves every day of the year and although it is not described as the best surf in the world - it is consistent, it is great for learning and it is not far from Adelaide making it a popular place for surfers.
- The Middleton Bakery - See Skye for great pies, pasties and awesome chocolate donuts! These are bakeries in Middleton that offer quality products.
- The Middleton Tavern - Great food, good value, cold beer - a great local to have a beer at.
- The Middleton Caravan Park - Clean, beautiful grounds, camping, cabins and a brilliant camp kitchen. Walk to the surf, bakery, pub, shops or ride the bike track. No wonder it is poular.
- Big Surf - The local surf shop - Visit Tom and the team and check it out for clothes and boards! Besides there are many stores that offer surfing products.
- Middleton General Store - Excellent range of groceries, fuel, hot food, drinks, icecreams, everything - see Keith and Hilary and they will help you out!
- The Gallery - Run by volunteers the old gallery is open 7 days a week and has all sorts of crafts, items etc.
- Beach Cuts - Get a hair cut from Kate!
- Dodd and Page - Phil and the team are experts in local holiday rental deals
- Middleton Beach Huts B & B - If you can stay here - Dave and his family have great accommodation, unique, private and quirky - they are awesome!
- Blues restaurant - Live music, excellent food and even a cellar door. If you are staying in Middleton be sure to plan dinner here.
- Middleton Sand, Metal and Landscape supplier - Middleton Pergolas and more - the name says it all so go and see Mad Mick.
- The Mill - open on weekends, coffee - wine, tasting platters, an amazing building with character
- The Mill surgery - Doctors surgery - what more can I say!
- The Chemist - excellent!
- Middleton also has another Doc surgery, denture supplies and more!
- Snow & Surf Travel Company - A licensed travel agent specialising in surf and snow holidays throughout the globe - come in and visit Brett the Travel Guru.
- The Surf & Sun Shop - Well that is us - we hire bikes, surf boards, snorkel gear and more. We offer surf lessons, surf equipment for sale and a booking desk. We are your one stop shop for fun on the Fleurieu Peninsula!
Middleton is a small town - it is a great place to base yourself and see the Fleurieu Peninsula. Surrounding towns are Goolwa, Port Elliot, Victor Harbor, Mt Compass, McLaren Vale.
In the area you can do boat tours, bike rides, skydiving, snorkelling, shopping, swimming, surfing, bodyboarding, sun baking, Coorong Cruises, kayak tours, jet skiiing, hiking, bushwalking, fishing, wine tasting, eating and there is beautiful produce, markets, attractions, wildlife, islands, picturesque towns and more. There are many things to do Middleton, all you need to do is to explore and enjoy every place.
If you havent visited Middleton - get down here and experience our area!