Surf & Sun have an awesome passionate team that live, breath and dream about surfing! With multiple state champions and coaches with teaching degrees Surf & Sun have your learn to surf experience covered. Wealso teach surf lessons South Australia to almost all age groups
Creating a fun filled and friendly learning environment for all students is what our team does the best.
Our friendly staff and instructors will surely take care of you once you attend one of our surfing programs in any locations in South Australia. With Surf and Sun Australia, you are in good hands.
Surf & Sun actively employ around 25 surf coaches over the peak period. Keep an eye out for Alex, Althea, Annica, Charley, Chloe, David, Dylan, Hannah, Ian, Kate, Mallee, Philby, Nick, Rob, Robin, Shannon, Viivi, Shea, Thijs and more!
Here are a few of the team - we are always adding team members so keep an eye out for new coaches!
- Surfed for over 30 years
- Surfed and travelled all over the globe
- Surf coaching since 2001
- Started Surf & Sun in 2001
- Is passionate about surfing, the beach and making the world more fun!
Gary 'Howie' Haworth
Manager / Level 2 Coach
- Manager at Surf & Sun since 2014
- 6x open State Surf Champion - South Australia
- Level 2 surf coach
- 3rd in Australian Surf Titles in 2015
- Loves Surfing, travelling, hanging out with family and friends
- Worked with Surf & Sun since 2015
- Always smiling, stoked and frothing on teaching surfing!
- Runner up - Surf coach of the year 2018 for Surfing Australia
- Loves surfing and teaching surfing - especially with the young kids!
- Worked with Surf & Sun since 2016
- Has Honours in Marine Biology
- Loves surf coaching as she is in the outdoors and teaching people how to surf!
- Qualified school teacher
- Surfed all over the world
- 2012 Club Champion for the Seaford Boardriders
- Loves coaching as it allows him to be outdoors to see people get stoked on surfing for the first time!
- Worked at Surf & Sun since 2014
- Qualified School Teacher
- Surfed all over the world
- Loves surf coaching and anything outdoors!
Looking for a Surf Coach Career?
Surf & Sun are always looking for motivated, enthusiastic people to join our team!
If you are a people person, enjoy nature and the outdoors, have an interest in the ocean and outback and enjoy being around people from all over the world then Surf & Sun may have the position you are looking for!
Surf Instructors Require
- Level 1 Surf Coaching Certificate
- Bronze Medallion or Surf Rescue Certificate
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Working with children check (WWCC)
- Mandatory Reporting
Surf & Sun are actively recruiting for surf instructors to join our fun team. Please click here for more details!
If you believe that you have the skills and personality to work for Surf & Sun please send your resume's to [email protected]