Eat at Whalers, Victor Harbor September 15, 2015
The old Whalers Restaurant in Victor Harbor has been rebranded as 'Eat @ Whalers' to reflect the contemporary, simple, and fresh nature of their new service. The sumptuous dishes prepared at Whaler's will surely entice your taste. Wash away the tiredness from the different activities by enjoying the food served at the overlooking location of the restaurant. Enjoy eating with your family and friends in a scenic location.
While taking a break from the fun activities in Fleurieu Peninsula, enjoy a lunch in the shade on the deck and enjoy views of picturesque Encounter Bay in its understated oceanic elegance, or perhaps dinner by soft candlelight whilst witnessing the fading glimpse of your busy day.
Modern Australian cuisine is the specialty food served at Whaler’s. The location of the restaurant also suggests an enjoyable feast on a variety of available seafood. A fine selection of wine is also available from the restaurant’s cellar. The quality of food and service at Whaler’s makes it an ideal place for dining. It really is a place that’s worth your every dollar spent!
Why dine there:
• They serve the best of what the Peninsula has to offer with local seasonal product and premium wines resulting in tasty dishes of modern Australian cuisine
• Stunning location with superb sea views
• Wide menu range including seafood, meat, chicken, vegetarian and gluten free options
• Price points: Starters $7 - $12; Entrees $18 - $34; Seafood platter for two, $95;
• Great place for a drink after surfing, conferences (3 fully equipped conference rooms), weddings (catering plus reception venue), private or corporate functions, after-work drinks, Christmas dinners and themed menus such as Spring menus, Fathers Day etc
• They were awarded a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ from TripAdvisor in 2014.
Address / Contact details:
Eat at Whalers is situated in 121 Franklin Parade, Encounter Bay Victor Harbor, South Australia 5211.
Reservations are recommended, their phone number is 08 85524400.
‘Like’ them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Whalers-Inn-Encounter-Bay-313663127386
Closed: Mondays and Tuesdays
Breakfast: Saturday and Sunday from 9am
Coffee, Tea, Cake and Chinwag: Wednesday to Sunday from10am
Lunch: Wednesday to Sunday from midday
Dinner: Thursday to Saturday from 6pm
Owner / Chef : Allister Parker
The simple rebranding marks the arrival of Allister and Tenney Parker – late of Loose Goose Café at Goolwa and, before that, the Blues restaurants firstly at Victor Harbor and then at things to do Middleton.