Living the dream in Byron Bay March 25, 2013
In a past life I lived in Byron Bay - for around 18 months. I had some of the best times of my life there!
Byron Bay is one of the most popular surf towns in Australia. Located between Sydney and Brisbane (closer to Brisbane) Byron is a small seaside town that is popular on the tourist map. Byron is a beautiful place - there is amazing forest, beautiful and amazing beaches to surf, cool cafes and shops and excellent waves.
Some great things to do in Byron Bay are:
- Learn to Surf at the Pass
- Surf Tallows
- Surf Lennox Head
- Surf Broken Head
- Visit the most easterly point of Australia - at the lighthouse
- Have a drink at the Beach Hotel
- Dive at the island off the pass at Byron Bay
- Check out Nimbin and the hinterland
- Drive the coast road to Ballina
- Walk the main street
- Climb Mt. Warning
- Relax on the beach at Main beach
You could stay here - fall into the lifestyle and enjoy Byron for weeks (or even years as I did).
Get out there - travel, surf and explore - it is great fun.